Work, Then Play…Or Not

Written by: LJ


This is in response to January’s Tea Room ‘Business Trip’ Challenge.


“Now I’m really glad I came!” Skyy exclaimed as he tossed his bag on the sofa and made a beeline for the glass doors overlooking the balcony. “Don’t know why Dusty refused to come when there were these fancy digs waiting for us.” He turned to face Dennis. “D said this trip was going to bore me to death.”

“That is because he accompanied me on my first book-signing tour and it doesn’t exactly hold fond memories for him. The accommodations at the time left a lot to be desired and that was just one of several thorns in his side. It’s to be expected that a new author wouldn’t rate much fanfare and my not being noticed only added to his frustrations.”

“Well it sure looks like it’s going to be different this second time around.”

“I figure my finally making a name for myself, gave my agent room to negotiate extra frills like this executive suite. Who knows?” Dennis shrugged unconcernedly. “I’m starving, so let’s go grab a bite to eat.”

“I wanna shower first. I didn’t get a chance to this morning.”

“You would have had time if you hadn’t waited until the last minute to pack,” Dennis reminded the younger man.

“I was waiting on Dusty ‘cause he wanted to help me,” Skyy defended himself.

“Hurry up then; I’ll make a couple of calls to confirm my itinerary while I wait.” Dennis unclipped his cell phone from his belt and called out just as the bathroom door was shutting. “And don’t come back in this room dripping wet!”

“Yeah, yeah, I hear ya!” Skyy shouted in return.

Fifteen minutes later, Dennis glared in the direction of their en suite wondering what was keeping his traveling companion so long. “What’s the hold up, Sport?” he asked, walking into the bathroom and batting at the cloud of steam engulfing him.

“I’m air-drying with the help of that.” Skyy pointed up at the ceiling.

Dennis groaned impatiently, turned off the heat lamp, grabbed a towel from the rack and briskly rubbed down his partner. “Now hurry up and get dressed!” he ordered, propelling his Brat into the other room with a sharp smack on his now dry, but still bare bum.

Following Skyy, Dennis decided to save time by trying to brush the younger man’s unruly curls into some semblance of order while Skyy dressed. The task proved almost impossible as they both seemed to move in different directions throughout the process.

“Okay, we’re out of here!” Dennis announced and opened the door leading into the hall.

“Wait a minute. I need something from my duffel bag.” Skyy unzipped his bag and dumped the entire contents onto the sofa. He began laughing when he saw what had been crammed in it.

“Man, I kinda wish we’d have flown instead of driving,” he gleefully commented. “I’d have loved to seen the looks on the security techs’ faces when these showed up on the scanner.’ He held up three colourful sex toys. “Dusty packed them along with this note. ‘Hey little buddy: Your days are gonna be boring as hell. Betcha these will make your nights a lot more fun. D.’ I hope he included extra batteries.” He grinned up at Dennis. “Do we really have to go out right now?”

The allure in Skyy’s violet-blue eyes was Dennis’ undoing. His smile had a matching trace of craving as he closed the door, checked the locks, turned towards his beautiful young lover and huskily declared, “To hell with supper; it can bloody-well wait!”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment