Spider Anyone?

Written By: LJ

(The song ‘In My Wildest Dreams’ is sung by Marty Brown)


Dusty yawned, stretched and rolled over. He smiled into the soft violet eyes staring at him and thought of the song by Marty Brown that reminded him so much of moments like this.

As I woke up this morning and through sleepy eyes,
I caught you watching me sleeping and I realize
That you are one of the reasons I get up each day
And you are the sunshine when my skies are gray
You are the reason I feel this way.

In my wildest dreams never would I believe
You could love a man like me;
I'm just as common as I can be
And this love could only happen to me in my wildest dreams.

Only in a dream could I be feeling this way;
It would be a nightmare baby if you ever went away
Because you are the reason for the way that I feel
Is this love a dream or is it for real?
If this is a dream, I'll sleep a thousand years
And wake up to find you lying right here.

In my wildest dreams never would I believe
You could love a man like me;
I'm just as common as I can be
And this love could only happen to me in my wildest dreams.

As the music played through his head, Dusty reached up and gently ran his fingers down Skyy’s face. This past weekend had been hard on both of them and the fight had made it even worse. Time to make up.

He stretched around to grab a couple of TicTacs off the night table and popped them into his mouth. Next he dug the lube out of the drawer and flashed it at his young partner while suggestively wiggling his eyebrows. Dusty’s grin widened when he saw the gleam of anticipation in Skyy’s eyes and he pulled his beautiful, naked lover into his arms, breathing in the scent of freshly shampooed hair. “Love you, baby,“ he murmured and set about proving it.

************

“Do you think it’s time we got up, D?” Skyy inquired half an hour later. “Of course, if you wanna take advantage of Den being with his publisher and us having the house to ourselves…..” He left the rest of the plausible suggestion hanging in the air.

“Nay, we’ll get up and go shower together,” Dusty answered as he tossed off the blankets. “Besides, I want to take you shopping and treat you today. You game?”

“Yabetcha!” Skyy jumped out of bed and made a dash for their en suite. “What do you have in mind, or is it a surprise?” He turned on the water and stepped into the enclosure.

“Hmm, I think I’ll keep it a surprise,” Dusty teased.

“Yeah, right! Bet it’ll be a surprise for both of us because you probably haven’t even thought of what you want to do.” Skyy grinned up at the slightly taller man, knowing from the expression on his partner’s face that he had hit the nail on the head.

“Smart-ass!” was Dusty’s laughing comeback. “So happens I know all your favourite things to do, places to shop at and restaurants to eat at. We’ll go over to that huge new outlet mall and just stroll around some and see what turns up, okay?” He quickly lathered up and passed the soap to Skyy.

“Sounds like you got a plan starting to come together,” Skyy joked, then ducked when Dusty tried to swipe at his head with a soapy facecloth.

************

“Wait up, little buddy; I’m having a hard time keeping up to you,” Dusty complained as he ran to catch up with his faster moving partner. Carrying several bags containing new clothing, two pair of sneakers, several CDs and DVDs, as well as a number of books, made him less agile than his fellow-Brat and unable to scoot in and out of the numerous shoppers the way Skyy was doing.

He almost missed seeing the younger man charge into the ‘Pets Unlimited’ store. “Thank God!” Dusty breathlessly muttered. “He’ll have to stop now.”

Skyy had been getting bored. Shopping for clothes was not necessarily on his list of favourite things-to-do in a mall; besides, even though Dusty would disagree, both of them already had enough. As soon as he had spotted the pet shop, he had made his get-away, leaving Dusty to follow along as best he could. He stopped next to a large, heated tank and stared mesmerized by the creature crawling around inside it.

“Don’t even think about it, Skyy,” Dusty admonished, coming up behind his partner. “Come on; let’s go look at the puppies. Maybe they got some new ones in.”

The distraction worked better than Dusty had dared to hope. Between all the animals and birds, not to mention the wide selection of fish, he managed to keep Skyy away from what had earlier attracted the young man’s attention. Well, that was until they were getting ready to leave and Skyy zeroed in on the display that had first captured his interest.

“I really want one of those, D,” Skyy softly voiced his wishes as he reached into the tank and gently touched the soft, fuzzy Tarantula.

“You can’t have it, Buddy. Den would kill you if you brought something like that home.”

“No, he wouldn’t,” Skyy hotly disagreed.

“Yeah, but by the time he got finished with you, your butt will be wishing he had. I’m just trying to save you a lot of grief, little buddy.”

“Gone into butt-saver mode, huh?” Skyy smirked at his companion.

“Seems like someone has to,” Dusty laughed. “How about we make one final stop and then head for home?”

“The candy store, right?”

“You got it. A trip to the mall would be incomplete if we didn’t pick up some of our favourite sweets.”

Skyy took a last look at the spider he wanted and reluctantly trailed after Dusty.

They had almost made their intended destination when Skyy spotted an item hanging in the window of ‘Toys ‘r Us’ that caused his eyes to light up.

“Look, Dusty.” Skyy pointed at the huge, brown and black stuffed toy. “I have got to get that!” he exclaimed and rushed off before the other man had a chance to stop him.

Dusty didn’t go after him. Suddenly feeling light-headed and weak, he stumbled over to the nearest bench and sat down heavily, dropping the plastic bags on the floor. For several minutes, he wondered if he was going to lose his lunch.

“Are you okay, Dusty?” The concerned voice seemed to be coming from a distance.

Dusty shook his head in an attempt to dispel the haziness, and he gazed up at Skyy. “I don’t feel too good, Buddy.”

Skyy looked around and got his bearings. “Okay, listen up, D. We’re not far the north end exit. Give me your keys; I’m going to take all our stuff to the truck and bring it to this end of the parking lot. It will take me about ten minutes. Do you think you’ll be all right until I get back?”

“Yeah; I think I can hang on.” Dusty muttered as he searched his pockets. “Here!” He handed the keys to Skyy and slumped forward with his elbows on his knees and his head resting in the palms of his hands.

Skyy adroitly wove his way through the throng of shoppers. It wasn’t long before he was tossing his parcels into the back of the truck and climbing into the driver’s seat. With his adrenaline running high, he didn’t even remember that he rarely drove Dusty’s truck as it made him nervous to do so.

He was soon back at his stricken partner’s side; panting and trying to catch his breath. “Okay, D. Let’s get you out of here.” It took longer to get Dusty to the truck than it had taken Skyy to go and get it in the first place.

“God, my stomach hurts,” Dusty complained as he painfully made his way out of the mall; he was almost double over. “And my head feels like it’s going to explode.”

Helping Dusty into the passenger seat, Skyy decided he better get a hold of Dennis. As soon as he had his partner settled and the door shut, Skyy dug his cell phone out of his pocket and hit the speed dial. He walked to the rear of the vehicle so Dusty wouldn’t overhear his side of the conversation as he informed their Top of their partner’s illness.

Skyy was somewhat less anxious knowing their older partner would be waiting for them by the time they got home. True to his word, when Skyy drove into the yard, Dennis was standing on the veranda. He opened Dusty’s door and practically carried him into the house.

Their arrival in the kitchen wasn’t a minute too soon, as Dusty made a beeline for the washroom and brought up everything he had eaten since breakfast.

“Rinse, sweetheart,” Dennis softly encouraged as he handed his oldest Brat a cup of water.

Dusty swished the liquid around his mouth and spit it in the toilet. Then he slowly lowered himself to the floor and rested his head against the cool wall tiles. Feeling weak and clammy, he didn’t even bother opening his eyes while Dennis gently washed his face.

It was a bit of a struggle, but working together, Dennis and Skyy were eventually able to get Dusty upstairs, stripped and into bed; where he immediately fell asleep.

“I wonder if I should call Dom,” Dennis murmured as he stood looking down at the young man who was curled in a ball under the covers and softly snoring. Leaning over, he placed a hand on Dusty’s forehead. “He’s warm but not overly so; he’s not actually running a temperature.”

“I think it might be food poisoning, Den,” Skyy ventured as he tucked the duvet tighter around his fellow-Brat. “We both had hot hamburger sandwiches for lunch. Mine tasted kinda weird and I had the waitress change it for a Club. But Dusty said his was okay and he ate all of it.”

“You could be right and that is what made him sick. I’ll wait and see how he’s feeling when he wakes up before deciding whether or not to call Dom. In the meantime, while Dusty is out for the count, I am going back to my meeting and hopefully I’ll get things wrapped up within the hour. Keep an eye on our ailing partner, Sport, but don’t hesitate to call me if I’m needed.”

“I can do that,” Skyy assured the older man as he followed him out of the bedroom and down the stairs. “Right now though, I’m going to get our parcels out of the truck. There isn’t as much as there was supposed to be, ‘cause we never did get to the candy store.” He put on a feigned pout, hoping for Dennis’ sympathy.

“You don’t need candy every time you go to the mall, Brat.” Dennis chuckled and kissed the pouty lips.

“Well, I beg to differ,” Skyy insisted. He wrapped his arms around his partner and returned the kiss. “At least, putting everything away will give me something to do. I’ll also start supper, okay?”

“Sounds like a plan to me, sweetheart; something light would be best. I won’t be gone long.” Dennis shoulder into his jacket; then he kissed Skyy again and headed out the door.

************

Dusty stirred and opened one eye just enough to peek at the space next to him. Both eyes shot wide open as he bolted up in bed. “Skyy!” he hollered. “What the hell is this?”

Skyy rushed from the bathroom when he heard his partner’s bellow. He stopped at the foot of the bed and snickered. “It’s a Cuddlekins; you know, as in stuffed furry animal. You wouldn’t let me get a real tarantula, so I got that instead.” He dropped down on the bed and pulled the large spider into his arms. “Isn’t he neat? Feel how soft he is.”

“He’s cute all right,” Dusty grumbled. “But he damn near scared the shit out of me when I woke up. What are you going to do with it?”

“I thought I’d hang it up there in the corner,” Skyy informed him, pointing at a spot of the ceiling near the door to their en suite.

“Yeah, right; just what we want to see first thing every morning when we wake up,” Dusty muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes.

Skyy giggled as he jumped up and ran to the window. “Den’s home!” he announced. “He’ll be glad to see you’re looking better.”

“I’m feeling better too, but want to stay in bed a bit longer.” He put one hand behind his head, leaned against the headboard and relaxed. Patting the mattress beside him, he warmly invited. “Get out of those clothes and come sit with me. Den should be up any minute now. Maybe the three of us can have some fun before supper.”

This was where Dennis found his Brats several minutes later. He didn’t have to ask if Dusty was back to his normal healthy self, as it was quite apparent that he was.

“I guess there’s no point in my waiting to give these to you guys.” He tossed a bag of mixed candy to each of them. “I stopped off at the mall,” he said as if any explanation was necessary and smiled at the expression of happiness on each of his lovers’ faces as they excitedly dug into their treats.

Sitting down at the foot of the bed, he picked up the stuffed animal and instinctively knew it was Skyy’s. “Darn good thing you didn’t buy a real one or someone would be nursing a sore backside.”

Dusty and Skyy glanced at each other and burst out laughing. Dennis briefly closed his eyes and shook his head, but his Brats’ laughter was contagious and he couldn’t help but join in.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment